The mission of the Street Department is to provide the City of Idabel with a maintained and safe transportation system. Major functions of the department include: minor street resurfacing, brush pick-up, recycling, street sweeping, mowing public right-of-ways, and overall street maintenance.
The Street Department also takes care of public drainage maintenance. Public drainage maintenance includes inspection and cleaning of all city canals, channels, ditches, storm drains, catch basins, curbs, and gutters.
If you find problems with City streets in Idabel, such as pot holes, down or damaged street signs, or drainage problems, please contact us. If you call the Main Office and no one is available to take your call, please leave us a message on our voice mail.
Brush waste, per policy and properly staged, will be collected by the City. The City has designated each Wednesday for City wide brush pick-up. Residence must schedule their Brush pick-up by calling the Street Department (580) 286-3438 by Tuesday at 4:00 PM. Idabel resident's can also haul brush and bagged leaves (NO TRASH) to the Idabel Street Department at 103 South West Choctaw St., the Street Department has a 30 yard roll where you can place the brush, hours of operation are 8:00AM to 3:45PM, Monday thru Friday.
This is for Residence of Idabel only, the City will not be picking up Commercial customer locations.
Items That The City Will Not Accept
- NO TREE STUMPS will be accepted
- NO Commercially Cut (or cut by contracted labor) limbs or trees
- NO Commercial or Manufactured Lumber or Landscaping timbers will be accepted
- NO Leaf Bags with Dirt or Garbage will be accepted
- LIMBS or Leaf Bags cannot be placed in a DITCH, on a WATER METER, SEWER MANHOLE, GAS METER, or ON THE ROADWAY
- LEAVES, GRASS CLIPPINGS and HEDGE TRIMMINGS must be placed in a Leaf Bag
Bulk Waste That The City Will Not PICK-UP
- NO APPLIANCES (Stoves, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, etc)
- NO FURNITURE (Couches, Chairs, Tables, Beds, Mattresses or Box Springs)
- NO HOUSE HOLD ITEMS (TV's, Small Appliances)
- NO YARD ITEMS (Swings Sets, Ball Goals and Grills)
LOCATIONS THAT TAKE BULK WASTE
Bulk waste may be disposed at these locations FREE of CHARGE
(This service is provided by the McCurtain County Solid Waste Authority: facebook.com/McCurtainCoSolidWaste/).
3403 Seminole Rd - open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10AM to 6PM
9511 West US HWY 70 - open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10AM to 6PM
Solid Waste Office - 2302 NE Lincoln RD - open Monday thru Friday 7AM to 3PM
For questions in relation to the McCurtain County Green Box Sites please contact them at (580) 286-5035
Limbs or brush must be NO LONGER THAN 8FT IN LENGTH and NO LARGER THAN 4 INCHES IN DIAMETER
Yard waste should be stacked for easy loading on a truck. Larger waste may be collected with a backhoe.
The limbs may be bundled and tied with a string or cord. The bundled limbs/brush CANNOT be bigger than 24 in in diameter.
Once properly prepared, yard waste should be placed at the curb or no more than 10 feet from the road.