Open Up and Recover Safely
A Three-phase Approach to Open Oklahoma’s Economy
open Oklahoma’s economy back up starting April 24, 2020.
This Statewide plan is:
1. Based on scientific modeling from public health experts
2. Intended to mitigate risk of resurgence
3. Intended to protect Oklahoma’s most vulnerable citizens from the threat of COVID-19
4. Intended for businesses and individuals to utilize in conjunction with guidance from the
Oklahoma Department of Commerce, the Oklahoma State Health Department, and
the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Before proceeding to a new phase, the Secretary of Health and Mental Health will confirm:
• That Oklahoma COVID-19 hospitalizations and incidents are at a manageable level,
• that hospitals are treating all patients without alternate care sites,
• that there is sufficient testing material in the state and ability to conduct contact tracing, and
• that the state can quickly and independently supply sufficient Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) and critical medical equipment, including ICU equipment, to handle a surge