IDABEL PUBLIC WORKS AUTHORITY
Maintenance Water Department
Starting Salary: $31,484.00
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW:
- Ability and willingness to complete required training to acquire a class D, water and, or wastewater Operators Oklahoma Certification, within first year of employment.
- Minimum 5 years work experience desired in water or wastewater field, and plumbing, pipeline, industrial, mechanical or related field.
- Regular attendance mandatory.
- Able and willing to follow orders from the Assistant Public Works Director, and Public Works Director.
- Basic computer skills needed.
- Ability to lift a minimum of fifty pounds required for specific job functions.
- Ability to climb stairs required for specific job functions.
- Ability to work at different elevations required for specific job functions.
- Ability and willingness to work unscheduled shifts.
- Ability and willingness to work holidays.
- Have a valid Oklahoma driver license.
- Be able and willing to work 8 hour or 12-hour shifts.
- Able and willing to work weekends.
- Be able to read numbers, reports and other written material.
- Be able to write numbers.
- Have basic math skills: add, subtract, multiple and divide.
- Able and willing to work harmoniously and effectively with coworkers, supervisors, customers and the public.
- Must be dependable.
- Be able to complete forms required by Environmental Protection Agency and Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality.
- Must be able and willing to acquire special skills required for certain job functions.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Must have and maintain a reliable phone service.
- Must be able and willing to do all job functions for the Water Distribution and Waste Water Collection sytem.
Application may be picked up at the City Hall or downloaded on the City of Idabel webpage (Idabel-ok.gov). Application will be accepted until August 19, 2022. Turn in applications to the City Hall-201 East Main St, Idabel OK. The City is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to refuse any and/or all applications.